Areas of Practice
Honors and Awards
- Mentor of the Year Award, New York Institute of Credit, 2012
- Selected for inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers, 2010-2013
- Designated one of “Bergen’s Top Lawyers” by 201 Magazine, 2012
- AV Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
Memberships and Affiliations
Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, Debtor/Creditor Section
Former Board Member, Essex County Bar Association
Former National Board and Committee Chair; New Jersey Chapter, (Former President and Current Board Member) Turnaround Management Association
Member, Garden State Credit Association
Vice Chairman and Incoming Chairman, New York Institute of Credit
Former President, Mountain Lakes, N.J. Volunteer Fire Department
J.D., University of New Hampshire School of Law (formerly Franklin Pierce Law Center), 1977
B.A., Boston University, 1973
- New Jersey
- New York
Stephen B. Ravin
Stephen B. Ravin is a highly seasoned insolvency and bankruptcy attorney, with more than 30 years experience. He has served as a trustee and has represented trustees, individual and corporate debtors, creditors, creditors’ committees, assignees for the benefit of creditors and receivers.
Stephen has handled a range of insolvency issues, from single debt resolution to large-scale restructurings and liquidation proceedings in Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 cases, in state courts and in out-of-court workouts. He has worked on cases in numerous industries, including retail, health care, manufacturing, chemical and telecom. He also serves as a fiduciary as an assignee for the benefit of creditors, receiver and liquidating trustee.
Stephen is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey and the Eastern District of New York as well as before the Supreme Court of the State of Florida.
Prior to joining Saul Ewing, Stephen worked in two insolvency boutique law firms in New Jersey. He frequently writes and lectures and has appeared on television and radio about insolvency.
- Selected representative matters where Stephen has served as counsel to creditors’ committees include:
- Channel Home Centers
- NBO Menswear
- Best Manufacturing, Inc.
- Selected representative matters where Stephen has served as a state court fiduciary or counsel for fiduciary include:
- Sixth Avenue Electronics
- Jenkinson, Inc. (Fountains of Wayne)
- Tile and Stone Sales, Inc.
- Selected representative matters where Stephen has served as counsel to debtors include:
- Jersey City Medical Center
- GEO Specialty Chemicals, Inc.
- Selected representative matters where Stephen has served as counsel to future claims representatives include:
- Burns and Roe Enterprises, Inc.
News & Press Releases
- November 23, 2012
- November 20, 2012
- November 19, 2012