- Macro View. Micro Focus. One Law Firm.
- Fact Sheet
- Firm Management
- Firm History
Cost Certainty Commitment
- Cost Certainty for Affordable Care Act Compliance Consulting
- Cost Certainty for Estate Planning Services
- Cost Certainty for Higher Education
- Cost Certainty for Higher Education: Red Flags Rule
- Cost Certainty for PA Insurance Department administrative hearing services
- Cost Certainty for due-diligence work
- Cost Certainty for incubator companies
- Cost Certainty for invention capture and management
- Cost Certainty for outsourcing in-house IP counsel
- Cost Certainty for patent preparation and prosecution services
- Women’s Development Initiative (WDI)
- Contact Us
- Industries / Practices
Joey Tsu-Yi Chen
Joey Chen is an associate in the Baltimore Office Commercial Litigation Practice and a member of the firm’s Construction and Life Sciences practice groups. Joey has experience representing clients in various commercial disputes, with a particular focus on complex construction litigation and patent and other intellectual property matters. He has also represented clients in general commercial litigation.
Joey has an undergraduate degree in Neuroscience and a Master’s degree in Pharmacology. He has years of technical experience in molecular and cell biology. He brings his personal background, analytical training, and prior work experience in academia to bear in his practice.
In law school, Joey was a teaching fellow, writing fellow and research assistant. He served on the executive boards of several student organizations and volunteered for the Maryland Katrina Project, where he helped a small business owner recover losses from Hurricane Katrina through the Mississippi Center for Justice.
Joey is also admitted to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Assisted large retailer and property owner in litigation against explosives company for damages in connection with the design and construction on a parcel of land in Kilbuck Township, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.
- Successfully represented landscape and play equipment company in establishing mechanics’ lien against property owner in connection with design and installation of playground equipment
- Successfully represented large retail property owner in defending against numerous mechanics’ lien actions brought by subcontractors
- Successfully represented new home developers and municipality in defending against challenge to creation of special taxing district pursuant to construction of residential retirement community
- Represented patent owners in patent infringement litigation against company in connection with technology patent
- Assisted life sciences company in responding to USPTO Office Actions pursuant to patent prosecution for certain compounds
- Assisted not-for-profit organization in securing registered copyright protection for organization’s logo
Alerts & Newsletters