Saul Ewing's technology practice includes representations of health systems and other healthcare and life sciences businesses as technology customers.
We have helped our clients procure a wide range of information systems and medical technology, together with related vendor services. In this role we have negotiated significant purchase or licensing arrangements with leading vendors in this industry, such as GE Healthcare, Siemens, Varian, IBA, McKesson, Eclipsys, Elekta, Cerner, Cardinal Health, Hill-Rom, Epic, and ChartOne.
Recent transactions include negotiating and documenting the acquisition of complex systems for:
- Proton therapy, in two of the first such facilities to be constructed in the United States
- Electronic medical records management
- CPT coding, billing and reimbursement
- Picture archiving and communications (PACS)
- Electronic ICU facilities
- Radiosurgery and radiation therapy equipment
- Care management
- Patient flow management and bed tracking
- Medical records scanning and imaging
- Pharmacy and medication management
- Patient and fetal monitoring
- Network and telecommunications infrastructure
- Grant, sponsorship and fundraising management
We have also represented health systems in the outsourcing of major information technology functions to third-party outsourcing providers including Computer Sciences Corp. (CSC), First Consulting Group (FCG), ACS, and Phoenix Health Systems. Outside the healthcare area we have also handled significant outsourcing transactions with leading vendors such as IBM, EDS, and Accenture.
- September 2007