Blog Covers Marcellus Shale Issues
Saul Ewing's Oil and Gas Practice Group has launched Marcellus Shale Watch, a law blog with contributions from George Asimos.
Marcellus Shale Watch keeps track of developments in law, regulations and the business of natural gas exploration and development the Marcellus Shale region of Pennsylvania and Maryland.
To read all blog posts, please click here.
More than Oil and Gas Lawyers
Saul Ewing's practice in Pennsylvania is nearly 100 years old and well-qualified to assist clients engaged in all aspects of the oil and gas business. In addition, the Firm has a broad depth of experience in the mining industry. Saul Ewing combines the following characteristics to serve clients in the oil and gas business:
- An established presence with 140 attorneys resident in Pennsylvania offices
- More than a dozen energy lawyers who have experience from the Alaskan tundra to the rolling hills of Pennsylvania
- A leading environmental practice that is well-schooled in navigating the state regulatory and permitting process, representing clients in enforcement proceedings, representing natural resource owners in regulatory takings cases, and in the purchasing and selling of mineral rights
- A government affairs practice in Pennsylvania and affiliation with State Street Advisors, an independent entity that provides government relations consulting, lobbying services, and business solutions to clients in a variety of industries covering matters involving energy development, public policy, regulatory and permitting compliance and governmental issues.
- A transactions practice that has hands-on experience buying and selling natural resource companies and properties
- A sophisticated real estate practice that handles the full range of issues, including leasing, acquisition, land-use, real estate related litigation, and construction
- A financial services practice well-equipped to handle mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances, project financings, commercial loans and other financial services involving energy infrastructure transactions
- A pre-eminent litigation practice with significant experience in contract, environmental, condemnation, title, real estate and commercial disputes that can and do arise in the energy industry
- A tax practice that provides clients with advice and representation with regard to federal, state and local tax issues, minimizing tax impact both in the current financial situation and for future tax savings
- An oil field services practice in which attorneys counsel a number of the nation's largest petrochemical, oil corporations, oil and pipeline companies and public utilities in litigation matters, government relations, government contracts, and administrative appeals.
Serving the Natural Gas, Oil Industries
Saul Ewing’s gas and oil attorneys represent companies that extract, process, transport and distribute natural gas, oil, coal and non-coal minerals in a range of legal issues impacting the industry, including real estate and land use, environmental concerns, regulatory matters, finance and litigation.
Who We Represent
- Fortune 500 corporations
- Independent natural gas producers
- Coal companies
- Aggregate and sand mining produces
- Specialty mineral companies
- Refineries and retailers
- Natural gas storage developers
- Natural gas processors and distributors
- Pipeline companies.
- October 1, 2013
- August 29, 2013
- June 8, 2013
- January 10, 2013
- December 5, 2012
- Summer 2013
- May 30, 2013
- April 2013
Alerts & Newsletters
- US District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania Enjoins PA Environmental Hearing Board From Hearing Appeal of State-Issued Environmental PermitsFebruary 2013
- On the Heels of Declaring South Fayette Township Ineligible to Receive Impact Fee Funds, Judge Quigley of Commonwealth Court Orders Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission to Cease Act 13 Ordinance ReviewsNovember 1, 2012
- Federal district court allows an action to proceed against a Marcellus Gas operator even though DEP had issued permits and the facilities had been constructedOctober 2012
- May 17, 2011