Alan Poppe is an advisor to a wide range of clients, both large and small, helping them to resolve their business disputes and counseling them on litigation avoidance and risk management. His practice focuses on complex commercial and tort litigation, with an emphasis on civil fraud, products liability, intellectual property including counterfeit trademarks and gray market goods, unfair trade practices and false advertising claims, business torts, franchise litigation, and class action litigation.
Notable representations include:
- Lead trial counsel in products liability lawsuit seeking to hold multinational corporation liable for manufacturing and design defects
- Won summary judgment in favor of multi-state health care system in class action uninsured patient litigation
- Successfully defended client franchisor against claims for breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing and violations of state consumer fraud statutes
- Obtained permanent injunctions for client franchisor against former licensees in trademark enforcement actions
- Successfully enforced non-compete agreements on behalf of client franchisor against former franchisees
- Represents Fortune 100 software company in numerous lawsuits against counterfeiters
- Obtained appellate victory upholding forum selection clause on behalf of international music distributor
Prior to joining the firm, Alan held positions with several multinational law firms. He worked in advertising and public relations before attending law school.