Clarence Y. Lee
Clarence Lee is an experienced litigator who represents insurers in a wide range of insurance coverage counseling and commercial litigation. Clarence provides insurance coverage advice and litigation representation on a variety of insurance issues, including managed care, errors and omissions, hospital liability, general liability, environmental, cyber, technology, director's and officer's liability, professional liability, and architects and engineers’ policies.
Clarence provides claims and coverage guidance in a monitoring and litigation capacity for insurers on complex claims. He has experience representing insurers in trial, alternative dispute resolution, and pre-dispute resolution, and works to find solutions to difficult client problems. Clarence also has experience drafting and advising on policy language.
Outside of his insurance practice, Clarence has also represented clients in in intellectual property and antitrust litigation. He also has an active pro bono practice that involves immigration and asylum cases, as well as family law issues in local courts.
Select representations include:
- A global casualty and property insurer in insurance coverage litigation, advice, counseling, and monitoring of claims.
- Trials of health care and medical-related coverage matters in courts across the country, including with respect to major medical issues such as spinal surgeries, hospital liabilities, and medical device issues.
- A specialty insurance company in the favorable outcome of insurance coverage litigation regarding managed care errors and omissions and also cyber insurance, in particular the interplay between two primary level policies with another insurance/excess clause.
- A major specialty insurance company in obtaining summary judgment on bad faith claim in Maryland.
- A major health care insurance company in managed care coverage arbitration leading to favorable settlement.
- A major casualty and property insurance company in negotiating a favorable and creative settlement relating to lost or missing general liability policies.
- A major casualty and property insurance company in multiple Chinese drywall-related claims, including coverage litigation.
- A major casualty and property insurance companies in commercial liability coverage litigation, including toxic tort and environmental actions.