Jessica L. Meller
Jessica Meller assists individuals, companies, and institutions of higher education with commercial litigation, employment litigation and counselling, and white collar issues. She has represented college, university, boarding school, and private school clients in a variety of matters regarding: pre-litigation counselling, civil litigation, employment issues, criminal investigations, policy-making, audits, research compliance, and campus carry laws. She has also represented company and school clients in employment-related litigation in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, and before the EEOC and PHRC. Additionally, Jessica represents clients involved in government enforcement actions, with an emphasis on pre-indictment defense and internal corporate investigations.
Select representations include:
- Defending a major public university against claims arising from hazing-related incidents.
- Winning two AAA arbitrations for a restaurant franchisee whose former employees sued it for allegedly violating the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination.
- Obtaining a significant settlement early in litigation for an insurance company whose former president violated his restrictive covenants.
- Representing a company in connection with a criminal investigation by federal prosecutors, the EPA, and IRS.
- Assisting a major public university in connection with a criminal investigation by federal prosecutors, NASA, and several branches of the United States military.
- Conducting an internal review and advising a major public university concerning compliance with the Clery Act.
- Drafting and updating employee handbooks, separation agreements, and other employment-related documents.
- Successfully mediating discrimination claims filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
During her second year of law school in spring 2013, Jessica externed for the Honorable Judge Robreno, Senior United States District Court Judge for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- 1 of 2
- next ›
Alerts & Newsletters