In February, several labor and employment law cases and regulatory actions with implications for the higher education workplace were decided. In a blog post for CUPA-HR, Counsel Ira Shepard summarized the latest.
The following issues are discussed:
- Immigrant insensitive social media post is insufficient grounds to sustain discharge.
- NLRB’s processing of Adjunct Professors’ unionization petition at a Church operated school dismissed for lack of jurisdiction.
- Harvard tenure denial affirmed and Professor’s gender bias retaliation claims dismissed.
- University of Miami must defend Professor’s Gender biased salary discrimination claims.
- Public employer’s termination of employee for book about a prior life as a phone sex operator violated First Amendment.
Read the full post, here.