Ira Shepard, Of Counsel with Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr provides an overview of cases and regulatory actions within the labor and employment space during the April 2020 edition of HR and the Courts.
The following issues are discussed:
- Federal courts split on whether Title IX provides a separate litigation remedy for education workers for sex bias in addition to Title VII
- University prevails over former professor’s Title IX claim that its sex harassment investigation was flawed by gender bias against males
- Tenure denial, involving allegations of retaliation by tenure committee members against professor for speaking out in prior sex harassment investigation and to the student newspaper, proceeds to trial
- Former professional soccer player and professional coach’s race, ethnicity, and national origin claims against a university proceed
- Professor’s first amendment retaliation claim alleging he was demoted because of his expert witness testimony and his expression of conservative views on gender dysphoria proceeds
Read the full post, here.