Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr is seeking an experienced paralegal for its Philadelphia office. The paralegal will assist in administering trust and estate files, and prepare accounting and related tax returns.
- Trust and Estate Administration – preparation of probate administration paperwork, including administration accounts, court petitions, orders, deeds, certifications, etc. and coordinate post- death non-probate administration
- Trust funding – working with clients’ financial advisors on proper titling of accounts.
- Coordinate probate court filings and recordings, including research and familiarity with local rules and probate court
- Prepare Gift Tax, Estate Tax, and Fiduciary income tax returns.
- Communicate with clients and professional advisors relating to routine acts of estate administration
In addition to the essential functions outlined below:
- Individual in this position will provide additional assistance and support as directed by their supervisor.
- Job may require occasional travel to the firm’s other offices and for external events
- This job description is subject to change at any time.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and effective time management
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Self-motivated, flexible, with exceptional follow-through skills
- Capable of independently managing multiple projects
- Innovative attitude
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years’ of estate and trust administration experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Working knowledge of probate administration, estate planning documents, and concepts a plus
- Experience preparing gift tax, estate tax, and fiduciary income tax returns preferred
Physical Demands of the Position:
Work is performed in a professional office environment and requires the following during the work day:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time (working at a computer)
- Repetitive movement (i.e. heavy computer/keyboard use).
- Individual will interact regularly with others verbally, in-person, and via written communication.
- May require occasional light lifting (files, copy paper, etc.).
Saul Ewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, seek qualified applicants and make personnel decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
How to apply:
Please submit all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org