Energy and Utility Services
- Represented a global energy company based in Spain in securing renewable energy permits for wind generation in Pennsylvania
- Represented clients in an arbitration to establish the value of an avoided multi year energy purchase contract with potential damages of hundreds of millions of dollars and the successful defense of a large Canadian energy producer in an international arbitration in which the complainant sought to void a multi-billion dollar contract.
- Represented global corporation in its acquisition of American Waterworks, Co. Inc, which at the time of the acquisition was the largest US based water utility with operations in more that 25 States
- Secured regulatory approvals of the US based operations of a French utility in connection with its merger with Gaz de France
- Represented the interests of a French owned utility in regulatory filings before various State Commissions
- Provided strategic advice to South African electric utility on regulatory issues involving filing of a multi billion dollar rate case and a rulemaking which among other things involved establishing a fuel clause adjustment mechanism
- Provided strategic regulatory advice to UK-based energy company on its US based operations which serves approximately five million customers in the US