Overcoming Compliance and Employee Leave Challenges
Attorneys from Saul Ewing’s Labor, Employment and Employee Benefits Practice will present this day-long class that aims to help HR professionals effectively manage employee leave issues. Partner Catherine E. Walters and Associates Emily H. Bensinger, Ruth A. Rauls and Danielle N. Petaja will discuss tactics for complying with the Family and Medical Leave Act. Some highlights include:
- New changes to FMLA, including expanded obligations for military family leave
- Recent FMLA court decisions that may require changes in leave policies
- Record-keeping challenges and solutions
- Strategies to navigate overlaps in FMLA, ADA and state leave and workers’ compensation laws
- Tips for evaluating a “serious health condition” the way judges do
- Suggestions for managing intermittent leave, reduced schedules and potential fraud and abuse relating to leave policies
- Guidance on how to balance the needs of a business with the FMLA requirements when an employee is pregnant
The class will be held at the Union League of Philadelphia, 140 South Broad Street, in Philadelphia, Pa, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Please click here to register. A 20 percent discount off the class fee is available when using Saul Ewing’s unique discount code, M899, during registration. For questions, please contact the event, sponsor, HRHero at 800-274-6774.