Shapiro and Asimos serve as panelists during webinar on IRC Section 170(h) requirements
Harry Shapiro, a partner in Saul Ewing’s Tax and Employee Benefits Practice, and George Asimos, a partner in the firm’s Real Estate, Environmental and Energy Practice, will present on Section 170(h) of the Internal Revenue Code, which allows an income tax deduction to landowners who self-impose restrictions on the use and development of their land in order to achieve specified conservation purposes. During this webinar, hosted by The Knowledge Group, the panel will provide a comprehensive overview of IRC Section 170(h) requirements and critical issues affecting the implementation and defense of conservation easements. Some key takeaways of the presentation include:
- Section 170(h) qualification fundamentals;
- Pitfalls that can lead to disqualification of the deduction;
- Hazards in drafting reservations of rights;
- Assuring a qualified appraisal;
- Avoiding quid pro quo problems of disallowance;
- Selecting and developing good appraisal evidence; and
- Defending and trying conservation easement cases in audits and the U.S. Tax Court.
For more information, including registration details, click here.