Webinar: What You Need to Know Now About Bank Mergers and Acquisitions
The American Banker reports that community bank M&A activity is picking up. Professionals from the Pennsylvania Association of Community Bankers (PACB), Saul Ewing LLP and Boenning & Scattergood, Inc. will host this program that will examine what you need to know to effectively manage the processes of merging with another bank or being a target.
The webinar, taking place from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., will cover:
- How your association might benefit from an acquisition
- Engaging appropriate advisors and considering potential targets
- Initiating contact with a potential target
- Making an acquisition offer and determining valuation
- Anticipating possible responses and considerations
- Reaching an agreement on general terms and what comes next: due diligence
- Negotiating the definitive acquisition agreement
- Other considerations including board composition and management team post-acquisition
- Obtaining stockholder and regulatory approval
Panelists will include: Dennis J. Brennan, Esq., co-chair of Saul Ewing's Mergers and Acquisitions Group and James F. McCormick, CFA, Managing Director, Investment Banking of Boenning & Scattergood, Inc.
A 15-minute Q&A will follow the 75-minute presentation.