Lizza co-chairs Judicial Conference
Partner Charles M. Lizza, Chair of Saul Ewing’s Intellectual Property Litigation Practice and Vice Chair of the Litigation Department, co-chaired the 41st Annual United States District Court Judicial Conference in West Orange, NJ. One of the largest events organized by the Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey, the Conference brought together approximately 400 judges and lawyers for three panel discussions on cybersecurity and data privacy, trial presentation, and ideas for improving New Jersey Federal Court practice.
Mr. Lizza also was moderator for one of those panels, “Enhancing Trial Presentation: Effective Storytelling and Use of Graphics and Demonstratives.” The panel employed three alternative opening trial statements and analyzed the effectiveness of the statements by comparing one with storytelling elements and one without such features. Participating in the discussion with Mr. Lizza on why storytelling to juries and judges is important and how to tell a winning story with graphics and demonstratives were:
- Hon. Madeline Cox Arleo, District Judge, United States District Court
- Hon. Robert B. Kugler, District Judge, United States District Court
- Hon. John M. Vazquez, District Judge, United States District Court
- Antony B. Klapper, Managing Director of Litigation Counseling and General Counsel, A2L Consulting
- Craig A. Rothenberg, Rothenberg Communication LLC (former Vice President, Corporate Communications, Johnson & Johnson)
The Judicial Conference is the premier event hosted by the Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey.