Feldstein and Walters lead webinar on employer’s access to social media during a workplace investigation
Allison Feldstein and Catherine Walters, partners in Saul Ewing’s Labor and Employment Practice, lead this webinar which details what employers need to know about using social media for internal workplace investigations. This webinar highlights specific laws that restrict employers’ access to employees’ social media accounts, and offers best practices for legally conducting investigations. Some key takeaways include:
- Restrictions under state social media laws and legal pitfalls to avoid when conducting an investigation;
- Employee conduct protected by the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB);
- Employee privacy dangers and what defines a ‘Reasonable Expectation of Privacy;’
- Broader implications for using social media in applicant screening/hiring; and
- Steps to take right away to be sure your current social media and investigation practices and policies are compliant.
For more information, including registration details, click here.