Guardianships and Conservatorships

Our experienced attorneys have also handled guardianship and conservatorship proceedings directed at addressing a parent’s need for assistance because of a serious decline in health. In such event, a family member with standing, such as a spouse, child, or beneficiary, may file a complaint on behalf of an incapacitated person seeking to be appointed as guardian. A court may appoint a guardian to make decisions on behalf of the incapacitated person, including living arrangements and financial and health care decisions. Often times, the choice of agent is a crucial issue that needs to be addressed by the court.