The Hon. Tom Ridge, Top Executives to Lead Symposium on Cyber Security Threats in the Energy & Utility Industries
(Washington, May 27, 2014) – Saul Ewing LLP, a full service law firm with more than 260 lawyers in 11 East Coast offices, today announced that the Honorable Tom Ridge, First Secretary of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and partner, Ridge-Schmidt Cyber, will join leading executives in Washington this week as the keynote speaker at a half-day symposium focused on the overall impact of cyber threats on the energy and utilities industries.
The half-day conference, Saul Ewing’s 8th Annual Energy and Public Utilities Symposium, will take place on May 29, 2014 from 12 p.m. until 5 p.m. at the National Press Club in Washington, DC. Members of the media interested in covering this event are asked to please contact Leslie Gross (email@example.com) or 215.972-7158.
The program will feature two outstanding panels of industry executives, utility regulators, government representatives and cyber security experts who will not only share their insights on the impact of cyber threats on the energy and utility industries, but also share practical knowledge and firsthand experience in addressing this complex and challenging issue.
U.S. Representative Patrick Meehan; R, Pennsylvania’s 7th Congressional District, is also scheduled to address the current legislative response to cyber security. Rep. Meehan serves on the Transportation and Infrastructure, Oversight and Government Reform, and Homeland Security and Ethics committees. On the Homeland Security Committee, Meehan chairs the Subcommittee on Cybersecurity, Infrastructure Protection and Security Technologies.
Scheduled speakers and panelists include:
- The Honorable Tom Ridge, The first Secretary of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, 2003 to 2005, and 43rd Governor of Pennsylvania. Currently Partner, Ridge-Schmidt Cyber & CEO of Ridge Global.
- Joseph M. Rigby, Chairman, President and CEO, Pepco Holdings, Inc.
- Pamela A. Witmer, Commissioner, PA Public Utility Commission
- Calvin G. Butler Jr., CEO, Baltimore Gas and Electric Co.
- Gerry Cauley, CEO, North American Electric Reliability Corporation
- Serge Jorgensen, Founder and CTO, The Sylint Group
- Abigail R. Hopper, Esq., Director, Maryland Energy Administration
- Peter C. Foster, Senior Vice President, Network Security & Privacy, Media, Tech Professional and Intellectual Property, Willis North America
- Chris Gidez, Executive Vice President, Global Leader , Energy Practice, Hill & Knowlton Strategies
- George C. Tunis, III, Chairman and CEO, Hardwire LLC
- U.S. Representative Patrick Meehan (R), Pennsylvania’s 7th Congressional District (Scheduled)
Saul Ewing’s diversified energy and utilities practitioners serve clients in the electric, natural gas, water, and telecommunications industries. The firm advises and represents investor owned public utility companies, merchant generators of electricity, energy marketers, large consumers of energy, institutional investors, and governmental entities.