Public and private companies and nonprofits of all sizes must manage a litany of corporate matters as they strive to operate profitably and efficiently—from initial formation to commercial agreements to various types of joint ventures and alliances.
Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr’s Corporate attorneys represent businesses and nonprofit entities in a wide array of general corporate matters, including:
- Forming businesses and preparing partnership agreements, bylaws, and LLC operating agreements; and advising on the tax implications of each
- Preparing shareholder, voting and other agreements between business owners
- Advising on financing transactions, such as equity issuances, debt transactions and business recapitalizations
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts covering matters such as information technology acquisition, software licensing, software as a service, the purchase and sale of goods, procurement and provision of services, sales agency and distributorship, consulting and other professional services, employment, and outsourcing
- Advising on the legal and operational requirements of government contracts and state and federal grants across a spectrum of contract/grant types involving a wide variety of items, services and agencies across the U.S.
- Advising on joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Assisting with business succession planning for the transfer of ownership of a private or family-owned business whether from one generation to the next or by sale
Our attorneys have particular strength counseling on general corporate matters for clients in the information technology, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, health care, life sciences, higher education, food and beverage, retail, real estate, insurance, and medical cannabis industries. For example, we have handled multiple joint ventures for developers and investors in commercial real estate projects and for licensed entities and investors in medical cannabis businesses. In addition, our team has reviewed and negotiated hundreds of product sales agreements for manufacturing companies.
Our Corporate team regularly collaborates with attorneys in complementary practices—such as Tax, Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation, Cybersecurity and Privacy, Intellectual Property, Real Estate, Labor and Employment, Health Care, and Litigation—when related matters arise to provide our clients with efficient and streamlined support.
Industries Related to General Corporate:
Services Related to General Corporate
The group includes attorneys who have received the following recognition: