Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr’s product liability lawyers advise on a wide range of risk management and litigation matters for various products—from medical devices and pharmaceutical products to consumer goods and industrial products. We guide domestic and foreign designers, manufacturers, distributors, and retailers through litigation, risk reduction and regulatory compliance.
Our litigators handle complex claims, including those involving catastrophic injury and death, defending clients in state and federal courts across the country in single claims, class actions, mass torts and multi-district litigation. When defending any type of product in any U.S. jurisdiction, we partner with our clients to first develop a pragmatic action plan that minimizes risks, costs and invasiveness to our clients’ businesses, with a sharp focus on the bottom line.
In addition, we serve clients as national and regional trial and coordinating counsel in cases where products are the subject of litigation on a national scope.
For companies preparing to launch new products or conducting ongoing management of their existing products, we help them reduce risk by reviewing potential liability exposure and implementing best practices across multiple areas, including:
- Safety manuals, product instructions and warnings
- Company policies and procedures
- Indemnification agreements
- Vendor agreements
- Document retention policies
- Recalls, whether voluntary or mandated
Our Product Liability Group attorneys advise companies throughout the product life cycle, including product development, formulation, manufacture, distribution, promotion, advertising and labeling to help ensure that products are compliant with a variety of federal, state and local regulations. We regularly provide advice on products regulated by and/or matters involving:
- the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- the Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
- state attorneys general
- local district attorneys
The group includes attorneys who have received the following recognition:
- Product Liability Advisory Council
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- Illinois Defense Counsel Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Trial Attorneys of America