Responsive Service and Real-World Guidance
Attorneys in Saul Ewing's Financial Services Practice advise and represent local, community and regional banks; credit unions; and other private and public finance entities in a wide range of transactional and business matters. We provide practical legal guidance based on our significant experience in the banking industry and access to a broad array of resources, including the support and experience of attorneys from our Corporate, Real Estate, Insurance, Private Equity, Venture Capital, and Bankruptcy & Restructuring practices.
Our clients include:
- Federal and state chartered banks and thrifts
- Federal and state chartered credit unions
- Non-depository trust companies
- Bank holding companies
- Credit card banks
- Mezzanine lenders
- Venture capital firms
- Finance companies
- Mortgage brokerage firms
- Leasing and special financing entities
- Insurance companies
- Securities brokers/dealers
- Creditors' committees
Whether a client needs support in a single specialized area, such as loan documentation and structuring, or requires legal counsel across its many operations, Saul Ewing attorneys can respond. Our team includes attorneys with experience in regulatory issues; securities; financial and business transactions of various types; corporate governance; bankruptcy; labor and employment; and general business matters. We have organized new banks and stock insurance companies, handled mergers and acquisitions, overseen conversion of mutual to stock form, formed mutual holding companies, and integrated bank and insurance companies.
We handle secured and asset-based lending transactions and represent clients in numerous aspects of domestic and international secured and unsecured lending. Several of our attorneys have substantial experience in UCC Article 9 secured transactions. We also have extensive experience in structuring special insurance programs, as well as leases and financing for facilities and transportation assets, including ships and aircraft.
We regularly represent mezzanine lenders and venture capital firms in structuring and restructuring debt and equity for new ventures and struggling companies. With experience in corporate and commercial bankruptcy, as well as an appreciation of business issues, our attorneys help business clients restructure debt, reorganize and emerge from bankruptcy.
For a selection of our financial services representations, click here.
- Representing banks in mergers and acquisitions
- Representing banks in capital raising transactions
- Representing community bank holding companies in securities transactions and disclosures
- Assisting credit unions in charter conversions
- Handling audits of board of directors' policies and procedures for compliance with best practices in corporate governance
- Representing boards of banks and credit unions in contentious elections processes and related regulatory filings
- Representing lenders and borrowers in commercial loan transactions, loan workouts, commercial collections and bankruptcy
- Handling "conversion mergers" when mutual savings and loan associations convert to stock form and merge into other stock savings and loan associations
- Representing state corporate credit unions in mergers with other larger regional corporate credit unions
- Representing nonprofit unregulated trust companies in conversion to for-profit companies