Steven C. Reingold
Steven C. Reingold
Steven Reingold handles a broad array of commercial litigation, business bankruptcy, and bankruptcy litigation matters for clients throughout the country. Steven’s litigation experience includes participating as lead counsel or co-counsel in complex commercial and bankruptcy-related disputes resolved through negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and litigation. In his bankruptcy practice, Steven represents debtors, official creditors’ committees, trustees, creditors, and other interested parties in insolvency proceedings involving companies of varying sizes and industries.
- In a case of first impression, successfully prosecuted a motion in federal district court seeking the dismissal of wrongful death claims asserted against two reorganized asbestos companies by a personal injury trust created as part of the companies’ Chapter 11 plan of reorganization. In addition, successfully defended the district court’s decision on appeal.
- Acts as lead counsel to a provider of foreign exchange trading solutions and a liquidity provider in bankruptcy court litigation involving the failure of a foreign exchange broker, in which breach of fiduciary duty, alter ego, and fraudulent transfer claims are amongst those at issue.
- Served as counsel to the official creditors’ committee of a Bermuda-based company and its subsidiaries, which were specialty providers of workers’ compensation insurance products and services, and against which more than 2,300 claims totaling in excess of $1.5 billion were asserted. In addition, represented the Liquidating Trustee in analyzing, asserting, and resolving litigation claims against the companies’ former directors and officers.
- Represented the Litigation Trustee appointed in the Chapter 11 cases of the country’s second-largest ambulance service provider in the investigation, analysis, and prosecution of claims against the company’s former chief executive officer and former directors.
- Acted as lead counsel for an investment bank in an action seeking to recover a multi-million dollar tail fee, and successfully resolved the investment bank’s claims after defeating a motion to dismiss.
- Represented the official committee of unsecured creditors, whose constituency held claims totaling in excess of $500 million, in the Chapter 11 cases of a group of companies owning and operating the third-largest power generating portfolio in New England and laboring under a debt load that exceeded $1.9 billion.
- Served as counsel to the official creditors’ committee in the Chapter 11 cases filed by the operators of a casino and greyhound racetrack that represented the third-largest source of revenue for the State of Rhode Island and that had $575 million in total indebtedness.
- Initiated litigation for a Chapter 7 trustee against a bank used by a debtor’s principals to further a check-kiting scheme, and successfully opposed the bank’s motion to dismiss the trustee’s claims.
- Served as lead counsel for the former chief executive officer and president of a group of industrial manufacturing and service businesses in an action involving claims of breach of fiduciary duty and gross negligence.
- Represented an international communications company in arbitration and litigation involving the construction and operation of an underground fiber optic telecommunications network.
- Successfully appealed to a federal district court, and obtained an order reversing, a bankruptcy court’s preliminary injunction barring two former corporate officers of a debtor from competing against the debtor and using materials it alleged constituted trade secrets and confidential information.
- 1 of 2
- next ›