Gianna Arnold helps companies protect, leverage and enforce their intellectual property and develop and memorialize strategic alliances in service to their goal of enhancing their value. Her understanding of the importance of these assets to the bottom line of a business stems in part from her past experience as an entrepreneur and corporate executive. She also brings a deep understanding of the science underpinning discoveries and inventions and how they intersect with legal issues from her previous work as a scientist with advanced degrees in biotechnology and intellectual property law, as well as prior experience as an analytical chemist.
Her work with clients includes:
- Negotiating strategic alliances and preparing the resulting agreements.
- Developing and managing intellectual property portfolios (designing knowledge strategy to result in appropriate identification, protection, leverage and management of intellectual assets and in securing and enforcing intellectual property rights worldwide).
- Preparing opinions (patentability, validity, infringement, freedom to use).
- Due diligence analysis in connection with mergers, acquisitions, licensing, and investments.
- Corporate and transactional work for life sciences and technology-centered clients.
Gianna is a prolific writer and a frequent speaker on intellectual property issues. In addition to her role with Saul Ewing, Gianna is CEO of NuMoon Technologies, LLC, a women-owned small business developing hazard detection tools for the Department of Defense and the Department of Homeland Safety.