Traditional Labor Relations
One of Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr's strengths is the number of attorneys with decades of experience in Traditional Labor Law. Some of our services include:
- Aiding employers in contract negotiations, grievances, arbitrations and labor disputes.
- Extensive experience defending employers in unfair labor practice complaints before the NLRB, public employee relations boards and the courts.
- We have handled a wide variety of cases, from combined 301/DFR cases where the employer and union are jointly sued, to international secondary boycotts.
- Preparing for and negotiating collective bargaining agreements.
- Representing employers in labor mediation and arbitration.
- Working with Joint Labor Management Committees, apprenticeship training programs and jointly-trusteed benefit plans in unionized industries.
Public and Private Sector
We have represented a wide variety of governmental agencies and entities that are not covered by the National Labor Relations Act, but under comparable state or local laws. We not only understand the differences in public sector bargaining and disputes, but also the range of other laws that can affect public sector employers, such as constitutional due process protections, First Amendment issues, and whistleblower laws.
Representative Industries and Clients
- Regional supermarkets
- Global technology companies
- Stadium authorities
- State and private universities
- Equipment rental companies
- National associations
- National apprenticeship and training company
- Food wholesalers
- Healthcare providers
- Manufacturing companies
- Property management companies
- Condo associations
The group includes attorneys who have received the following recognition: