Steven N. Malitz
Steven N. Malitz is a member of the Firm's Executive Committee, and the trusted advisor and general counsel to highly successful entrepreneurs. Steven has obtained many victories in over 70 trials, arbitrations, appeals, and mediations in the following matters:
- Contract and fraud disputes
- Shareholder disputes including injunctions, fiduciary duty, oppression, accounting and buyouts
- Creditors' rights matters including collections and fraudulent transfer litigation
- Employment matters including restrictive covenants, termination, trade secrets and discrimination
- Real estate litigation including broker representation before IDFPR, specific performance, rescission, quiet title, defects, leasing, construction, and premise liability
- Intellectual property matters including trademark, copyright, and licenses
Steven provides the following value to his clients:
- Your point person, on-call 24/7, with rapid-fire turnaround
- Full-service, one-stop counseling through niche practice teammates
- Equity partner at century-old law firm, plugged-in to the business, legal, and political communities
- Law professor, bar group leader, Continuing Education Instructor, and published author
- Though armed for litigation, emphasizes litigation avoidance and cost savings through alternative dispute resolution, by studying your business, and by drafting solid contracts
- Adds value by providing industry information and legal updates, and by connecting entrepreneurs
- Obtains injunctions against employees and competitors who breach restrictive covenants, interfere with contracts, steal trade secrets, divulge confidential information, and solicit and divert customers and employees.
- Successfully defends companies against claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wrongful termination.
For Employment Litigation victories, click here.
- Obtains damages, injunctions, and expels rogue shareholders who misappropriate company assets, breach fiduciary duties, usurp corporate opportunities, and compete against the company.
- Where partners are dead-locked or ownership rights are in question, successfully litigates and negotiates stock purchases (where his client retains the business as the sole operator) or buy-outs (where his client sells his interest and pursues other opportunities).
For Shareholder Litigation victories, click here.
- Obtains and collects millions in money judgments in breach of contract and UCC cases.
- Successfully sues for fraud when debtors and their officers, directors, and shareholders order goods while insolvent, having no intention or ability to pay.
- Successfully sues for fraud to recover assets when debtors hobble collection efforts by transferring assets or starting successor businesses.
For Commercial Litigation victories, click here.
Real Estate and Condominium Litigation
- Obtains rescission of real estate contracts, and damages, due to sellers’ fraud.
- Obtains specific performance of real estate contracts where sellers have refused to close.
- Obtains substantial money judgments for purchasers in defects cases.
For Real Estate and Condominium Litigation victories, click here.