Real Estate Development and P3 Litigation
Select matters include:
- Defending state government agencies against claims from developer parties concerning a public-private partnership to facilitate the redevelopment of a state office complex into a mixed-used development.
- Contesting a county government’s awarding of TIF funds to a competitor on behalf of a consortium of developers. Before the court ruled in the litigation, the county revoked its decision to award the funds, leading the court to declare the case moot.
- Pursing claims on behalf of a developer in a dispute over their ownership stake in the development of a hotel and conference center on land owned by a university and being constructed through a public-private partnership.
- Defending the prospective buyer and developer in a land sale that did not come to fruition. Defense obtained a jury verdict on all but one count, eliminating more than 90 percent of requested damages.
- Pursing claims on behalf of a developer in a dispute over their ownership stake in two shopping centers. The case was resolved through mediation after the opposing party agreed to sell their share in the deal.